Monday, 2 August 2010

Something sewn

Last week was very productive.


I had my first wedding dress fitting and with my shoes I look very very tall, ordered my veil and my replacement engagement ring, we met with the registrar and had our last meeting with our reception venue co-ordinator.


The never ending rain made me finally finish sewing 3 new sashes for my flower girls dresses. Their dresses are white and even though the white sashes were pretty, they were lost against the dress, so I made green sashes to link the colour between the adults bridesmaid dresses and the childrens.



My oldest niece Holly will carry our wedding rings on a cushion inspired by the ring cushions on the Martha Stewart Weddings website.



And because I thought the backed looked plain in comparison to the front I added some ribbon and my late grandmother's brooch.


For both the sashes and the ring cushion I used a green lining fabric, although the lining fabric is fine for the sashes I thought it would fray easily under pressure and show every lump and bump of the cushion stuffing.  So I added an extra row of stitches close to the edges and lined the lining fabric with a light weight white cotton fabric.

There's still a couple of items I want to make... maybe if there's enough time.

Coming soon, our hen and stag parties.

Gx

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What lovely personal touches Gillian. It sounds like it all is coming together well. With all this rain you might just have time for those last bits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails